Friday, March 18, 2011

BJ Friday Interview with Maggie Nash

Maggie Nash sets a page on FIRE when she writes. She's become a very dear friend and after reading her stories, I couldn't WAIT to get her onto my blog and strip her...er...mind.

THE DREAM MASTER

Police detective Helena Peters has been secretly in love with her partners for years. It doesn’t help that he never looks at her as anything other than his work partner. What would he do if he discovered what she was really thinking?

His classic Greek looks were responsible for Dimitri Michaels’ arrogant success with women, so going undercover and pretending to be lovers with Helena should be a piece of cake, but she isn’t the person he thought she was.

Why was the only girl in his dreams now the only one who’d been right under his nose for years? More to the point, can he keep her safe long enough to convince her what he feels for her isn’t an act?



Alpha Pussy: How did you get started writing erotica?


Maggie: Kind of by accident actually. I’d written my first novel, which was a romantic suspense that I dreamed of being the first Harlequin Intrigue set in Australia. Alas, it was not to be. I was totally gutted by my first ever rejection of my first ever novel (Yes, I did have a thin skin!). in a fit of outrage on my own behalf I decided I would sell that damn book or die trying, so I sent it along to an E-Publisher a friend of mine was already published with. The Executive editor requested the book almost immediately, but asked me if I could “sex it up a bit” before I sent it to her. Ahem. Sex it up? Moi? Sure I could. Maybe.

So I wracked my brain about how to add some hot sex to a straight romantic suspense without embarrassing myself, then I remembered a couple of trips my dh and I had made Kings Cross in Sydney. The clubs there are pretty wild, and a hot scene in a strip club we’d seen inspired me to write my own version. Poor Beth and Daniel (my main characters) were already dying from the sexual tension, and this live sex scene tipped them over the edge. The relationship changed after that of course, so I rewrote the rest of the book to include lots more hot sex, and although not a true erotic romance, it was fairly explicit. I found out that I LOVE writing hot. It was just a simple step to graduate to erotic romance and erotica after that. I’ve been hooked every since.


Alpha Pussy: Well, you certainly hooked me right away. I wanted to kick Morpheus’ ass throughout THE DREAM MASTER. Where did you get the idea for an erotic story in a cult setting?

Maggie: Originally I wrote THE DREAM MASTER in response to a call for submissions for books with a “Dream” theme. So I thought “What if someone manipulated dreams for evil gain?” and then “What if this villain was a cult leader? “ and of course so many cult leaders are associated with using sex as a method of control, so what’s a suspense turned erotica junkie to do?

Alpha Pussy: I love how your mind works! Immediately your "what if's" turn to malevolence and SEX!!! No wonder we're friends. What’s your favorite body part to describe?

Maggie: I would have to say a character’s smile. That includes their eyes, facial expressions, dimples, mouths…lips, and all the stuff that lets you know what sort of person they are.

Alpha Pussy: I'm particularly fond of lips. Dimitri is one very incredibly hot detective. .. I just forgot the question. Have you ever had a police officer? Fireman? Doorman? Some kind of man in uniform?


Maggie: Yep, I love Dim. He was just so much fun to write. Tall, dark, handsome playboy. Oh, was there a question? Ummm. Let’s just say I once spent a week at the Fire Brigade training center learning to be a Fire and Safety Officer. The teachers were all firemen. *happy sigh *. Then there are 3 pairs of handcuffs in the toy drawer.

Alpha Pussy: *blinks slowly* Next time, you'd better call me or this whole thing is OFF! I can just imagine the cock party that would be. Speaking of, what’s your favorite synonym for cock?

Maggie: Being an Aussie, I do tend to use Aussie slang sometimes, so “dick” is a word I have been known to use once or twice. I also think that occasionally a name isn’t necessary. If you imagine the whole person joining with another person that they feel a connection to, then a word for a body part isn’t needed. But what the heck, I do like cock.

Alpha Pussy: I LOVE COCK!!! What about for pussy?

Maggie: Pussy works for me most of the time. I don’t use cunt much, but that’s just a personal choice. I’m writing an erotic historical series at the moment, and I’ve been researching words used in Victorian times so lately I’ve been using words like“ quim” and “cunny”.

Alpha Pussy: *giggles* You're a cunny quim! Yes, I'm 12. Deal with it. The strawberry. You mentioned extensive research? Explain, in painstaking DETAIL!


Maggie: How did I know you were going to ask this one? LOL! It was pretty easy - I love strawberries and I love sensation play, so I figured cold and tasty would be pretty interesting to try. I actually wrote the scene first, then the man read it. He immediately decided we HAD to try it for ourselves so he booked a cabin for a romantic weekend so we could have complete privacy away from the kids. Let’s just say I was right! It is a great combination, but my tip – use a plastic sheet! Suffice to say we left a lasting impression on the mattress. LMAO!

Alpha Pussy: I already require a plastic sheet (you should see the wet spot poor PW has to sleep in) so that's already taken care of. I can't WAIT to try the strawberry. The publishing world is really picking up in Australia. What is your advice to fledgling writers both there and world wide?

Maggie: E-books are really taking off in Australia at the moment, and romance fiction is only now being recognized by publishers as a top selling genre. However, Australia remains a small market. The Holy Grail is still US and in particular NY publishers. The potential sales are so much higher, and in reality, romance fiction is more accepted in the US than here in Australia.

My advice for any writer is to first hone their craft. Write as much as they can, read widely to know their market, and make sure they research where they want their book to be. It’s also important to speak to other authors and writers and learn from their experience. Join online communities, writers associations etc. Writing is a solitary exercise, but you don’t need to be alone. There are plenty of wonderful and generous writers out there who can and will support you and guide you as you strive to reach your goal. Of course the main thing is to never give up.


THE MASTER'S PRIZE

What happens when a conservative girl sneaks in to a BDSM club for a look and makes an impression on the Master trainer? He pulls out all stops to claim her for himself.

A radio charity auction gives Mitch Collins just the opportunity he was looking for. When he claims his prize, a mind-blowing kiss confirms all his fantasies and leaves him determined to win her trust.

Elise Blake can't believe she has to kiss a stranger for charity. To make things worse, the man who claims her kiss is the training Master from Club Fetish, the BDSM club she'd visited on a dare. Her secret fantasy scared her to death so why did his masterful ways prove so irresistible?


Alpha Pussy: Has writing about sex improved your own sex life?

Maggie: Hell yeah!

Alpha Pussy: And this is why I absolutely adore you! Your heroines have the unfortunate habit of blushing and revealing their true feelings. Is this a trait you share as well?


Maggie: *Blush * Um. Yes. Must be my Catholic school upbringing. LOL. It’s not always intentional, but I am pretty sure there is a lot of me in all of my heroines.

Alpha Pussy: Catholic school? The naughtiness is all starting to make sense now. I’ve always been curious about vanilla writers who write BDSM. What inspired you to write THE MASTER’S PRIZE and did you at least get/give a few real spankings for the sake of research? Perhaps a good flogging?

Maggie: I think I was about twelve years old when I started fantasizing about bondage, submission, and being totally under someone else’s control. I didn’t have a clue what BDSM was of course, and I suppose I thought I was a bit weird, because I never actually shared my fantasies until I met my dh. I remember being aroused by certain scenes in movies and wondering if everyone felt the same way as I did.

There’s this scene in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid where Robert Redford orders Katherine Ross to strip at gunpoint. O.M.G. I was hot for hours after that one! I so wanted to be her…and I was barely in my teens. Another one that freaked me out was a movie where a stalker kidnapped women and tied them to a bed before gently touching them all over. He was obviously a deviant, but I got off on thinking about being tied up and being touched in all my intimate places and not being able to stop it. I thought I was definitely a sicko after that one! In fact, you are the first person I’ve ever told that.

So I guess what I’m saying is, BDSM has always been something that’s interested me. It wasn’t until I discovered erotic romance that I realized exactly what it was that I was reacting to, and even though I can’t say for sure that I am a true submissive, I know the idea of gifting my complete trust to someone who will take control and care for me is a huge turn on. It was because of this interest that I decided to write my own story, and set about researching all over the Internet. I wanted to get it as right as I could given that I wasn’t an active member of the BDSM community, or even sure of what I was doing with my partner. I read recommended sites, blogs, and was lucky enough to meet a few practicing lifestylers, one who beta read THE MASTER’s PRIZE for me. She lives as a sub in a Dom/sub relationship and was able to give me some guidance as to the realism of the relationship. In writing THE MASTER’S PRIZE I know I’ve discovered so much about myself and I plan more stories where I can pour out my thoughts, feelings and fantasies.

I did buy lots of toys and equipment along the way, and the man and I have been known to try most of them *happy grin*. Have I had a spanking? Not a proper one, as the man is a bit shy, but one day I’ll convince him! I haven’t been brave enough to attend a Munch or try one of the private play parties or clubs around where I live but who knows? I did find out where they are. LOL, Maybe one day.


Alpha Pussy: Understanding the gift of trust and how erotic that is for both sides is key. I think you're well on your way to exploring your submissive side. What’s your most embarrassing moment?

Maggie: Oh, there’s so many! Geez. Okay, there was this one time when the man and I were newlyweds. Let’s just say I was tied up *grins * Long story short…there’s a knock on the door and some friends of ours started calling out to us to open up. The man tells them to hang on a sec, but it took a bit too long to liberate said tied up person. Our friends offered to go walk around the block to give us more time, but oh no, the man tells them to wait. Finally we let them in and even though I was fully dressed I felt totally naked and totally red while they smiled knowingly at me and stayed for HOURS talking and drinking coffee with us. It was years before they stopped bringing that one up!

Alpha Pussy: Oh, you ARE a little submissive slut, aren't you? Do you have a favorite toy?

Maggie: It’s a toss up between my Jack Rabbit and these nipple huggers. The nipple huggers can hide under my bra all day and only I know they’re there, but nothing beats a great clit stimulator. Tough decision. Oy! Is it hot in here?

Alpha Pussy: I just ordered a few more toys because I keep wearing mine out. My first BJ was in high school out in the field behind the portable office…at a church. Tell me about your first BJ.

Maggie: I was a bit of a late bloomer…I was already married when I gave my first BJ. Of course I was a child bride. LOL. The circumstances I’m a little vague on. Surprising as it might sound, given the way I’ve spilled my guts in this interview, but I was pretty conservative for a long time. I don’t think I started thinking seriously about them until I began my love affair with erotic romance. So all those before that probably didn’t count. I know a lot more now than I did then.

Alpha Pussy: I love bringing out the corruption in others, especially a woman as hot as you. How many of your scenes have you practiced in order to write them?

Maggie: Strangely enough, it’s usually the other way around. I write them first, using my naughty imagination, then the man and I try them out to see if they’re as good as I thought they were when I dreamed them up. The Man loves to read all my books so I let him choose which scenes he’d like to re-enact.

Alpha Pussy: HOLY FUCK that's an incredible idea! Maybe I'll give PW a treat and let him pick one or two scenes. Wrap it all up by giving your best tip for #BJFriday.

Maggie: Don’t forget you have two hands as well as a mouth. Use them.

Thank you so much for that amazingly honest and smoking hot interview, Maggie! I am now crowning you the Saucy Aussie!

To buy Maggie's books, visit her website here: http://www.maggienash.com/Maggie_Nash/Home.html or look her up on Amazon.com.

Check out the comments as Maggie has generously offered to give away one of the books mentioned here, just answer her question in the comments! Good luck!

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me here today gorgeous! I had a lot of fun answering your questions :-)

    I forgot to say that there'll be a giveaway to one lucky commenter! You get a choice of either of the books featured in the interview!

    So comment away! Since we talked about toys, let me know what your favourite toy is! We'll choose a winner randomly from everyone who answers the question!

    Have a great day!

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Maggie,

    You weren't kidding - this is great and very hot interview. Thanks for being so honest about sharing your own submissive desires. I strongly identify. When I was in fourth grade there was a kid in my class who used to brag that he'd go to the beach, hide under water, and pull off girls' bathing suits. That got me so hot and bothered ... well, suffice to say that it's now fifty years later and I can still summon the feelings!

    Good luck with your latest release - I think I've got to get my hands on it!

    Warmly,
    Lisabet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you are sooo being called the Strawberry Queen now! Can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love
    The Master's Prize! One of my favorite BDSM's ever. And Maggie, I'm calling you the Saucy Aussie! Thanks for the great interview, Alpha Pussy! Terrific teasing material here. LOL

    Don't worry, Mags. I won't embarrass you...
    much (Oh c'mon. You knew that was coming!) LOL

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview baby! "I LOVE COCK" truer words have never been uttered! I can wait to read "The Masters Prize" by Maggie Nash now! Perhaps I should read it to you aloud while feeding you strawberries my Goddess ;)

    Real ones though, not those fake ones the aliens gave me....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by Lisabet :-)

    We really still are naughty little girls I guess *vbg*

    I hope you the book :-)

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey DD!

    I guess Strawberry Queen is not a bad moniker! I can live with that...LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ash...I suppose I have to take all the teasing...LOL...I did say what I said and can't take it back now!

    Saucy Aussie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks PW....and you'll love the strawberries trick! Mmmmm....*sigh*...the memories...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maggie said I should post this here.... :P ...

    Loved the interview Maggie. Speaking of BJs. As a yongster (late teens early 20s), I hated giving head, but did it a time or 2. When I got into text RPG, I could write out a good BJ, but still hated giving them (poor dh). It wasn't until I started reading LKH's Anita Blake & Merry Gentry series' that I actually wanted to give BJs. Guess I was a late bloomer lol. DH is quite happy with this lol. Why I told this I have no clue, but you inspired me to tell a naughty secret Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a knack for asking good questions hun, anything to do with the subject matter? Lol
    love ya, Charlotte xxx
    Aka @charlagrace

    ReplyDelete
  12. That she does Charlotte :-) I said a lot more than I ever thought I would! Should get a job as an interrogator! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOhh Maggie, that was an absolutely awesome interview!! Saucy Aussie, I like it, just one more reason for me to visit Australia, meet you!! So going to read this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Mai! Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to have you come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just got a new toy, the Trojan Mini Personal Vibe...and it's test run tonight was pretty good. A little slow on the build, but a double for nothing in the end.

    There, Maggie, now you're not the only one having to answer these questions. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I like the sound of that Trojan Mini Vibe! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderfully erotic interview! Loved it... So honest and so refreshing!
    For now my Butterfly Kiss is keeping me company ;) Can't wait to read the Master's Prize!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Susan :-)

    I hope you enjoy it! Let me know...I love to hear from readers

    ReplyDelete

No matter how enlightened I may become, I'm still a comment whore, so COMMENT!